Almost Orange Chicken⠀
- Combine BBQ sauce, orange marmalade, vinegar, red pepper flakes and teriyaki sauce in a saucepan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until reduced down and thickened to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together flour panko cornstarch salt and pepper.⠀
- Coat chicken pieces in the egg, then in flour mixture
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add chicken and fry for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and chicken is crispy and golden brown
- Place chicken on a plate lined with paper towels
- Put the orange sauce to a large mixing bowl and coat the crispy chicken pieces until smothered with the delicious almost orange chicken sauce
- Serve over white rice chow mein or carrot veggie noodles and garnish with sesame seeds green onions and drizzle a bit of honey for a new twist on a traditional dish